Welcome to Killegruer Caravan Site
THE SITE WILL REOPEN FOR BOOKINGS ON 1ST FEBRUARY 2024
Please check the availability page before booking.
(Two nights minimum stay)
The campsite is situated on the west coast of the Kintyre peninsula, 12 miles north of Campbeltown and 24 south of Tarbert, Loch Fyne. It caters for touring caravans, motorhomes and tents and enjoys superb views across the Atlantic Ocean towards the islands of Gigha, Islay and Jura.
The campsite facilities include;
- open April to October
- well maintained toilet block with free hot showers,hair dryers and hand dryers
- dish wash facility with plenty hot water
- chemical disposal emptying point
- grey waste disposal (please note not drive over)
- touring and camping pitches with electric hook-up (16amp)
- direct access onto safe,sandy beach
- campfires allowed on beach
- campfire logs available for purchase
- local shop delivery service
- picnic benches
- dogs allowed (expansive beach walks)
- adjacent to transport links to Campbeltown/Glasgow (bus stop at site entrance)
- excellent stopover en route to Arran,Ardrossan,Gigha or Islay from Kintyre (near ferry terminals)
- nearby facilities include village shop,garden centre and cafe,public house and restaurant.
- please note this site is not suitable for lightweight tents- strong pegs recommended
- advance booking necessary during peak holiday periods (minimum 2 nights stay)
- for short stays payment is by cash on arrival. Arrival from 1pm, departure up to 11am
From Glasgow, take the M8 heading towards Greenock as far as the Erskine Bridge. Cross the bridge and follow the signs for Campbeltown and the A82. The A82 will take you along Loch Lomond where it becomes the A83. Take the A83 and continue to follow the signs for Campbeltown. Killegruer Campsite is 1 mile south of Glenbarr and approx. 30 minutes drive from Tarbert, Loch Fyne.